Monday 20 May 2013

Mass Effect 3:Review



Hi  guys and welcome to the future, welcome to the best shooter, welcome to the best Si-Fi, welcome to the best game I have ever played; welcome to Mass Effect 3.
I know, that was quite a build up but this game is... Words can barley describe how I felt while I played this game.
Before I start the review I would just like to say that this review will be totally SPOILER FREE   


I want to be able to talk about all the good things in the game without hinderence so I will get the one, yes one bad thing out of way, the shame is, is that is a quite anoying feature in the game, but it is still the most flawless game ever.
   The bad thing is, as you play through the story you get the next mission in the story, so far this sounds like your normal game, but the main story missions are marked as priority, and it litterally means it, if you don't do it and instead do one of the many side missions, you will be penilised, let me tell you this, one mission needs you to defuse a bomb, I chose not to straight away and instead when and did a few side missions. I still regret that, and don't think that it is just in the back of the game somewhere sorting things out, one of the main characters actually said that they debated helping me after not sorting the bomb. This iritated me on numerous occasions. There is a mission close to the end where you can do all the side missions with out hinderence, but a) you want to be able to do side missions when ever you want and b) it isn't made that clear that you are free to do them.
     Anyway I said that was the only bad thing about the game and it is. The rest is all pure brilliance, the voice acting is sublime, the faces  are as ever the best I have seen in a game(Yes better that Uncharted 3). Now let me adress the ending, which I assume you have heard about. Let me just repeat this review is totaly SPOILER FREE. The ending is a superb one there are a few problems with it but not enough to make you think it is a scam. Where the problem lies, is the number of endings available, there aren't enough, if you are only planning of playing this game once you will not know what all the fuss was about, if you play it repeatadly you will start to notice the flaws. There are certain things that no matter what you choose in any of the games, will happen. And that is kind of a bummer, but this is still a great game to play.
       Now onto the Multiplayer, this mode made a conspicious enterance to the game, and let me say now I think the game is better for it, the only kind of multiplayer is a survival mode, with 10 waves of increasing enemies, this is not a new idea, but it is possibly the best exectued survival mode I have played, the guns come in random packages, so you have no idea what you are going to get, you also get perks so to speak which auto-refil your ammo or give you certain abilitys. It is a great mode which you really should play.
      That brings me to the end of my review, now lets look at the score.
Graphics: The best I  have seen in a game.                                                                                          10/10
Sound: The best lip syncing I have seen in a game with a very immersive feeling to it.                            10/10
Multiplayer: Very good but could have had more modes.                                                                     8/10
Legnth: If you do all the missions it will take you 25-30 hours to complete, but without side missions will take 15-20.                                                                                                                                                9/10
Story: Sublime that will make you want to cry at one point or another.                                                 10/10
This gives a total of 9.4/10 the highest score I have ever given a game. Play it, play it now.
Thank you for reading.
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment