Saturday 1 September 2012

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim


Hello my dear audience
On this very fine day I will talk to you about my personal best game of all time.
Quite a build up but lets really look at the game..... NOW
Of the mark you are plonked(yes a real word) in a cart with some other unfortunate thieves and the like on your way to your exaction. The graphics are good until you get really close and the look a bit 2D also the lighting is the best I have seen. Then that all melts away into the background when you are truly released into Skyrim(after about 3/4 of an hour). That is when you really appreciate that no other game will quite give you the same feeling of utter space.... Then some wolves attack and you are sucked into one of many impromptu battles in the middle of nowhere of even in the middle of one of the games many cities. One other thing you will realise is that Skyrim is MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE. You would be lucky to complete the whole map. The actual campaign is about 30-35 hours. Not bad for a blockbuster game these days. The leveling is so immense you are almost overpowered by it. Almost. Now to address my main 2 problems with the game.1) The lip syncing is horrendous. I mean really bad also Bethesda have used about 50 voices in the WHOLE game. Now that may seem like alot but it really isn't after about 20 mins in the wild you will come across the same voice as in the town you just visited. Those 2 thing I think of as 1 as the are both involving the mouth, but they just take away the realism of  a game that is VERY realistic. My second big problem is the lag. As far as I am aware all the lag has gone, but that is only for people who have PSN, Xbox live or connection to steam. For the people without they have just bought a game that is broken.
For those reasons,bad and good, I have to score this game...
9/10 for the offline experience.
There is no online content.
I hope you have found my review informative, I will shortly be reviewing Mass Effect 2 so stay tuned.
Thank you for reading.
Ed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment