Monday 13 August 2012

Assassins Creed Revelations: Review



Hi
When I got this game I  was so excited, this was the next game continues from my personal best game of all time AC Brotherhood left off. I thought nothing could go wrong, then the story started and well its bad. In Brotherhood every action had a general meaning in the game, everything you did was a strike against the Borgia. In Revelations there is no such feeling. you need to get all 5 Masyaf keys to get into Altiar's library that you find at the beginning. You have a coded map as to the locations of the keys and the WHOLE  game is about painstakingly decoding the map and getting the keys. In the interim you help out the local assassins in missions that could be done by well me. I'm not saying the levels are easy but they are just pointless.
     The two big changes in the game-other that the location- are the bombs and the hook blade. The bombs I didn't unlock until the end of the third hour. Very annoying as the game only took me 22 hours to complete. The other main change was the hook blade and there for the zip lines. I will admit that the zip lines are fun, but they are to infrequent when you are going about on the roof from one destination to another you would come across a short one every 200 to 300-I don't know what they are but they are in the bottom corner, I call them clicks. Also my biggest problem with the game is that there are no horses in the city so there are many times when you have to go 1000 clicks and there is no way of getting on a horse and charging across the city. you can use the fast travel stations but they are a bit few and far between for my money. If you do use a fast travel station you then lose the feel of charging around the city on horse back knocking people over indiscriminately. My final view is that they should have ended it on the high that was Brotherhood and brought a book out or something like that as to why they weren't returning to Ezio.
Graphics: Very good graphics, but could be better                                                                                9/10
Sound: Not bad but quite poor lip syncing                                                                                            7/10
Legnth: About 20-25 hours, not bad in this day and age, but an poor story                                            7/10
Multiplayer: A good multiplayer with the introduction of prestige                                                            9/10
Gameplay: Some good mechanics but slightly let down at times.                                                             8/10
So in total that is 8/10 hope you like it.
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment